Congratulations for your performance under Horizon 2020!
The 6th and penultimate statistical report by NCP Brussels on Brussels participation to Horizon 2020, the EU Research and Innovation programme (2014-2020), has just been released. It displays impressive figures that confirm the outstanding performance of Brussels participants in this highly competitive programme.
The total cumulated funding received by Brussels participants already exceeded 1 billion Euro in 2020!
Since the start of the Research and Innovation (R&I) programme in January 2014, the Brussels-Capital Region (BCR) obtained:
- The financing of 2.264 projects coming from 716 Brussels beneficiaries (=46% of Belgian beneficiaries).
- A total financing amount of 1,161 billion €, which corresponds to 39% of the total amount granted to Belgium, while the BCR represents 14% of the gross R&D expenses of Belgium.
- The average success rate of project proposals involving Brussels organisations is 21%, compared to 17% at Belgian level and 12% at the level of the whole programme.
- The average amount of financing amount granted to Brussels proposers is 367.287 €, an amount slightly lower than the Belgian average (412.055 €).
Other key figures:
- Subsidies H2020/1,000 inhabitants. : € 952.635 in BCR (€ 257.215 in Belgium and € 103.810 in the EU)
- Amount of funding allocated to RBC as a percentage of gross domestic expenditure on R&D in 2017: 51%
- Number of submissions from the private sector (SMEs and GE) per 10,000 inhabitants: 25 in BCR (10 in Belgium and 6 in the EU)
- Share of SMEs in financing allocated to the private sector: 52% in BCR (56% in Belgium)
There is much more to read. Get detailed data and analysis on the Brussels R&I actors’ performance under Horizon Europe.
Download the 6th NCP Brussels statistical report here.