European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) delivers cutting-edge solutions, entrepreneurial talent and the supporting environment for innovation to thrive. With its multi-disciplinary network, the EIT provides opportunities for students, innovators and entrepreneurs across Europe: entrepreneurial education courses, innovation driven research projects, business creation and incubation services.
The EIT boosts innovation by increasing the collaboration between business, education and research organisation, public authorities and civil society. To achieve this, the Institute supports the development of dynamic pan-European partnerships called EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs). Each community delivers solutions to a pressing global challenge. To date, the EIT has established eight KICs tackling the following areas:
· EIT Digital: For a strong, digital Europe
· EIT Food: EIT Food connects businesses, research centres, universities and consumers.
· EIT Health: Together for healthy lives in Europe
· EIT InnoEnergy: Pioneering change in sustainable energy
· EIT Manufacturing: Strengthening and increasing the competiveness of Europe's manufacturing
· EIT Raw Materials: Developing raw materials into a major strength for Europe
· EIT Urban Mobility: Smart, green and integrated transport
Between 2021 to 2027, the EIT will:
· Increase the impact of its activities
· Create two new KICs, one on the Cultural and Creative Sectors and Industries and one on Water, Marine and Maritime Sectors and Ecosystems
· Put more emphasis on the regional dimension of its activities by providing targeted support to countries who lag behind in innovation performance.
· Launch a new pilot HEI initiative to increase the entrepreneurial and innovation capacity of higher education institutions.
The EIT Community is well equipped to develop synergies with other programmes in Horizon Europe, in particular the European Innovation Council.
The EIT will build on its success with a budget of €2.965 billion (2021-2027).
More information: European Institute of Innovation and Technology