EIC Pathfinder supports innovators willing to explore radically new ideas or technologies. It focuses on solutions beyond what is already known and foresees visionary thinking to develop technologies and solutions of the future.
EIC Pathfinder should be considered if:
· You are a scientist / entrepreneur / startup or SME / Industry player with a convincing long-term vision of a radically new technology that has the potential to have a transformative positive effect to our economy and society.
· Your solution develops concrete, novel and ambitious science-towards-technology breakthrough, providing advancement towards the envisioned technology.
· Your solution has High-risk/high-gain research approach and methodology, with concrete and plausible objectives.
EIC Pathfinder should NOT be considered if:
· Your innovation is incremental
· The path of the solution is known
· The solution does not set a long-term vision from a societal, environmental or economic perspective
· The solution is developed in a mono-disciplinary approach with no collaboration
Consortia of at least three different independent legal entities (e.g. research organisations, universities, SMEs, industry) established in at least 3 different eligible countries.
Single applicants or small consortia (two partners) may be able to apply for Pathfinder Challenges according to the call specifications.
Form of support
Research and innovation action (RIA, funding 100% of eligible costs)
Up to €3 or 4 million to support early stage development of future technologies (e.g. various activities at low Technology Readiness Levels 1-3), up to proof of concept
Main outcome is proof of principle & validation of scientific basis of breakthrough technology