Since the start of the Research and Innovation (R&I) programme in January 2014, the Brussels-Capital Region (BCR) obtained :
- The financing of 2,264 projects coming from 716 Brussels beneficiaries (=46% of Belgian beneficiaries).
- A total financing amount of 1.161 billion €, which corresponds to 39% of the total amount granted to Belgium, while the BCR represents 14% of the gross R&D expenses of Belgium.
- The average success rate of project proposals involving Brussels organisations is 21%, compared to 17% at Belgian level and 12% at the level of the whole programme.
- The average amount of financing amount granted to Brussels proposers is 367,287 €, an amount slightly lower than the Belgian average (412,055 €).
Other key figures::
- Subsidies H2020/1,000 inhabitants. : € 952,635 in BCR (€ 257,215 in Belgium and € 103,810 in the EU)
- Amount of funding allocated to RBC as a percentage of gross domestic expenditure on R&D in 2017: 51%
- Number of submissions from the private sector (SMEs and GE) per 10,000 inhabitants: 25 in BCR (10 in Belgium and 6 in the EU)
- Share of SMEs in financing allocated to the private sector: 52% in BCR (56% in Belgium)
Get detailed data and analysis on H2020 in the Brussels- Capital Region. Download the Statistics Reports here below.